(Please read carefully! A more detailed file is coming soon.) Special Notice:
I really don't recommend that you use Microsoft Word 2000 or newer to create your HTML files if you're going to upload them onto this site. Either they'll have random characters in them or the paragraphs will be completely messed up. Handcoding is highly recommended as is a WYSIWYG editor such as Open Office
's Writer, Nvu
, or Microsoft's Front Page Express
. These are all free programs available for download on the Internet. Alternately you can use the professional version of Front Page
or Adobe's Dreamweaver
, but these are commercial products and can be expensive.
You can also choose to copy & paste your story directly into the text box from your word processor, text editor, or even from the Web. Any special formatting that you have should be preserved. If you don't see the fancy text editor, go to "Manage Your Addiction > Edit Preferences" and check the box marked "Use tinyMCE WYSWYG editor". Now for the actual submission rules:
- You can add fanfics, songs, articles, or lists to this archive as long as you do so in the appropriate category. You CAN NOT add incomplete chapters, author's notes as separate entries, advertisements, etc. Also, your author's notes should not be longer than the actual fanfic/chapter. Less than 5% of the fanfic text, actually.
- All fanfics must be anime/manga/video game/J-pop related to be able to add them yourself. If you have a fanfic that doesn't fall into any of these categories you must manually submit it to me with all of the required information via e-mail (with the fanfic attached in HTML (to preserve formatting) or plain text format).
- You CAN NOT add a fanfic to multiple categories in the same division (fandom) or department unless it's a crossover. For example, a Goku/Vegeta fic either goes into the Dragon Ball Division parent section or the Goku/Vegeta child section, NOT BOTH of them. Submitting a story to a category and then to one of its subcategories is sort of silly, isn't it?
- All fanfics must deal primarily with shounen ai/yaoi (gay) or shoujo ai/yuri (lesbian) subject matter. If not, then the story must go into the general archive of the Otaku Institute.
- Please spellcheck your work and have it edited by someone else before submitting.
- No plagiarising the work of other authors. This is a very serious offense.
- All lemon (adult rated) stories must be given an AO (NC-17) rating and be labeled a "lemon" in the genre box. Likewise, all "not quite a lemon" stories must be rated M (R) and labeled as a "lime."
- To upload any work that doesn't qualify as fanfiction, it still must be anime/manga/video game/J-pop related, but it can be an essay, an article, etc. Also, it must go into the "Non-Fanfiction" category.
- Keep all main story titles and summaries rated no higher than PT (PG).
- Do not only upload part of your fanfic then proceed to link to the rest of it which can be found on another site. If you don't feel like uploading your entire story then recommend it instead.
- Story notes and chapter notes are not to be used the same exact way. For example, placing a disclaimer into the story notes is a good idea since it will probably be the same for every chapter. Placing it also into the chapter notes is redundant. Chapter notes are designed to give readers information about a specific chapter.
If you are uncertain about any of these rules, feel free to e-mail
me. I don't bite, I promise. Well, not too
When you submit a fanfic PLEASE PREVIEW
your story to make sure that it uploaded the way that it should and that your paragraphs have a blank line between them. If the story didn't upload correctly, try copy and pasting into the textbox. All of your formatting should be preserved and it seems to solve a lot of problems. If you don't and the fanfic isn't formatted correctly, I'm just going to e-mail you and ask you to fix it so save us both some time and take the few extra seconds to check.
If you follow these rules consistently I will input you on the auto-validation list which means that your fanfics will go up on the site immediately without going through me. But don't abuse this privilege as I can revoke it and will even ban you from the site if I have to.